I am often reminded of the phrase "You reap what you sow". The concept being if you want good things to come to you, you must act, behave, and think about giving on to others.
Not surprisingly this applies to blogs as well. Is it reasonable to expect people to come and write wonderfull comments on your blog, if you don't write wonderfull comments on others blogs. Indeed it could be said that the entire blog commenting system is based on the idea of Karma.
If you think going around to others blogs and spamming them will help get you more blog traffic, you may be right. You may get lots of "Attractive" blog spam. But is that what you want to reap from the fruits of your labor?
Before you think about what good things you would like to come to you. First ask yourself
"Have you passed on any good Karma yourself lately?"
Now before you go off commenting willy nilly, Be sure to ask yourself these questions
1) Have I actually read the acticle I am commenting on?
2) Do I have some usefull information or questions to ask about the posting?
3) What are my intentions for writing a comment (Do I really have something to say)
4) How good is the quality of my comment. After you have written it have you previewed it for changes before submitting?
5) If someone does post a comment on your blog please respond to it. Especially if they are asking you a question or clarification.
Again, if you think of it, these are the things you would want others to think about before commenting on your blog right?
Push out good Karma and it comes back to you. Push out bad Karma and it comes back to you as well.
Happy Commenting. And watch out - Spammers are eveywhere !
Get your Karma Police Mug Here